Data Black Holes – Are Data Silos Undermining Digital Transformation?
The existence of data silos is nothing new. Data-producing applications were once isolated systems. They were built to at least partially automate a specific subtask of a business process. Today, data-based insights are being used to automate decisions. The goal is to make business processes faster, more efficient and less vulnerable to risk. Analytics-driven insights are also expected to drive business innovation.
This study explores the following questions
- – What are the implications of data silos for the data-driven enterprise?
- – What are the main challenges companies are facing due to data silos?
- – Which approaches are being adopted to break down the barriers of these data and knowledge silos?
Sample and related content
The study is based on a worldwide online survey of 318 companies of varying sizes across a range of industries.
- – Click here to see the infographic based on the survey findings
- – Press release: Dissolving Data Silos: Companies Need To Define a Common Data Language
The report is sponsored by:
For a complimentary copy of the study, please click on the sponsor’s logo above or contact the sponsor directly.