BI Trend Monitor 2017
The market for BI and data management is constantly changing. Trends come and go, and one of our tasks as an industry analyst is to highlight and predict important topics and growth areas.
BARC’s BI Trend Monitor 2017 study gives BI practitioners a platform to have their say on the trends currently shaping the BI and data management market, supplemented by additional commentary and analysis from BARC analysts.
We asked close to 2,800 users, consultants and vendors for their views on the most important BI trends, revealing a comprehensive picture of regional, company and industry specific differences, and delivering an up-to-date perspective on the BI market.
BI Trend Monitor 2017 focuses on:
- Which BI trends have become established, and which appear to be just a passing fad;
- The regions and industry sectors in which each trend resonates the most;
- How “best-in-class” enterprises differentiate themselves in their attitude to BI trends; and
- A comparison between the views of IT users, business users, consultants and vendors on current trends.
The full study features analyst commentary and user ratings of the following 21 trends in the BI market:
- Data discovery/visualization
- Master data/data quality management
- Self-service BI
- Analytical databases
- Agile BI development
- Data governance
- Predictive analytics/data mining
- Mobile BI
- Data warehouse modernization
- Integrated platforms for BI and PM
- Real-time analytics
- Big data analytics
- Data integration for business users
- Data storytelling
- Visual design standards
- Spatial/location intelligence
- Data as a product/open data
- Cloud BI
- Data labs/science
Authors: Carsten Bange, Jacqueline Bloemen, Sebastian Derwisch, Christian Fuchs, Timm Grosser, Lars Iffert, Nikolai Janoschek, Patrick Keller, Larissa Seidler, Robert Tischler & Jevgeni Vitsenko
PDF report: Free download
Published: November 2017