The Planning Survey 18: The Results
A PDF report detailing the key findings from The Planning Survey 18, supplemented by expert analysis.
The Planning Survey 18 is available as part of the BARC Access package.
The world’s most detailed survey of planning software usage
The Planning Survey 18 attracted 1,465 responses from which 1,130 gave detailed information on real-world experiences of selecting, implementing and using a planning product.
The Results report provides you with well-designed charts and insightful analysis on the many highlights from this year’s survey.
Planning users share their experiences
The Planning Survey 18 reveals how organizations are selecting, implementing and using planning tools across the world. Topics covered in this report include:
- Planning software use cases
- Comparisons between Excel and specialist planning tools
- The business benefits derived from using planning products
- Product selection approaches
- Why companies are purchasing planning tools
- The optimum length of planning projects
- Product satisfaction levels
- The challenges of using planning software
Current trends in planning
Our survey questionnaire was also designed to gauge end-user feedback on current hot topics and technologies in the planning market, revealing present adoption levels and future plans across a number of exciting trends such as:
- Integration of different sub-budgets and financial planning
- Self-service planning
- Simulation and analysis of scenarios
- Value driver-based planning
- Mobile BI/Planning
- Planning in the cloud
Buyers of ‘The Planning Survey 18: The Results’ report also receive documentation detailing the methodology behind The Planning Survey 18, with further information on the demographics of the sample, the 17 products analyzed, the product groupings (peer groups) and the 24 measures used to rank the products (KPIs).